This Policy applies to any information our users submit to EmployeeBuddy.com (“Our site”) during the creation, editing and posting of their profiles. It does not apply to other companies’ web sites that you may access through our site. Since users are allowed to provide links in their profile to their own websites, it is the owners of those websites who are responsible both for their content and their privacy policies.
1. Collection of User Information:
The profile of a user of our site contains information pertaining to that user’s work experience, education, skills, professional goals, relocation preference, right to work in the United States, and other information typically conveyed in an internet profile created for the purpose of seeking employment. Information we may collect can pertain to:
2. How the information is used by us:
- How many times a user’s profile is accessed
- How many times a keyword contained in a user’s profile is entered in the search profiles field
- Which geographical areas are more or less active in both profile generation and profile searches
- How many times a user’s profile is updated/accessed by such user
- Other information specifically related to the use of the features of our site
A user’s information may be used in the following manner by us:
- To improve and enhance our users’ online experience
- To identify and address evolving needs of our users
- To communicate with our users and respond to their inquiries
- To conduct research about how our users use our site
- To gather non personally identifiable information about our users (such as zip codes or professions) in order to publish relevant advertisements of interest to their specific group in designated areas of our site
- To identify and remove users who violate our User Agreement or this Policy
We do not rent or sell our users’ information to third parties. We do not read your private communication when you use our communication tools except in limited circumstances such as when there is a complaint from one of the parties to a communication related to a violation of our User Agreement or this Policy; in such case we may access such communication in order to conduct a fair, impartial investigation of what transpired between two users. Information a user chooses to disclose to another user through our communication tool is the responsibility of the disclosing user and not our responsibility. Information exchanged in private communications between users through our communication tools are never publicly displayed by us except in response to legal process or when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the safety of persons or property. All of our members and employees are required to abide by this Policy. In cases where we may use contractors or agents to perform services for us, we require them to abide by this Policy. In the event of a transfer of ownership of our site requiring the transfer of our users’ information, we will post notices of changes to this Policy on our website, in case material changes result in the current Policy from such transfer.
3. Cookies and Web Beacons:
5. Financial information
In the case in which you purchase a service on our site, and we process your payment on our site, we will only collect information relevant to what service you bought for the purposes of providing that service to you. We do not collect or store your credit card or other payment information. The payment will be processed by the trusted third party partner indicated on our site at the checkout phase of the payment. That partner’s use of your information is covered by their own policies. All of our partners are reliable, trustworthy industry leaders with established reputations and processes that are consistent with current business norms.
6. Changes to this Policy